IMPORTANT ATTENDANCE INFORMATION
Meadowfield Primary School is committed to ensuring that children reach their full potential through regular attendance at school. We have a range of interventions and initiatives to support children and their families to achieve this.
Children who attend school regularly:
- Achieve their potential
- Make better progress, socially and academically
- Find school routines and expectations easier to deal with
- Enjoy learning
- Find transitions easier
We ask that parents / carers support the school in this by:
- Ensuring their children attend school every day and on time
- Informing school by 9.20am if their child will be absent that day
- Not taking holidays in term time
- Whole school approach.
- Best attending class weekly rewards
- Half termly rewards for good attendance
- End of year reward trip
- Regular visits by our new attendance mascot "Bee"
The School Day
- Currently classroom / pod doors open at 8.35am and all close at 9.05am prompt.
- Currently children who arrive between 9.05am and 9.10am when the main gate is shut must enter school through the late door and will receive a late mark.
- Children arriving after 9.10am must enter via the main school entrance.
- If a message has not been received by the school by 9.20am we will endeavour to contact parents /carers of children who are absent by telephone, email or home visit. This will take place once registers have been checked. It is important that you keep school informed of any changes to contact details.
- If we do not receive notification of your child’s absence, this will be marked as unauthorised.
- School closes at 3.15pm. Classroom/pod doors will close by 3.30pm and parents/carers will then be required to collect their children from reception via the main entrance of the school.
- If a child is not collected by 4.30pm and school cannot contact a parent/carer or other named contact, schools have a duty to contact Childrens Services via the social care duty team to refer the child to a place of safety.
Who can help?
Please contact the Oasis team or call 0113 3230010 for any queries on your child’s attendance.
What do I do if my child is ill or is unable to come to school?
Please ring the school on 0113 3230010 before 9.20am and let the office know the reason for your child’s absence. Nursery, Reception, Year 1 and Year 2 parents may use class Dojo is you have registered. For persistent illness you may be asked for a Doctor’s appointment card.
What do I do if my child has a medical or dental appointment?
Please try to make appointments out of school hours. If this is not possible please ensure your child attends school until the appointment time and returns afterwards if possible. You will need to bring the appointment card/letter when you collect your child from school. A present mark may still be awarded if your child attends for as much of the session as they can. It is always better to attend for some of the time, rather than missing the whole day.
What do I do if I want to take my child on holiday during school time?
Meadowfield Primary school’s policy regarding holidays is as follows and is in line with Government policy, Red Kite Learning Trust and the Temple Newsam Community Partnership:
- Parents/carers do not have the right to remove their children from school for a holiday
- Holidays will NOT be authorised during term time. Holidays during term time will be recorded as unauthorised and a fine of £60 per parent per child may be issued by the local authority.
We strongly recommend that parents/carers only book holidays during our scheduled school holidays.
Children’s attendance is monitored closely in school and we will contact you if we have any concerns.
For further information please see our Attendance policy which can be found under the Policies tab.